Tel: 01440 706246
Dizzy's Day Nursery has set policies and procedures in place the cover all aspects of the nursery. Full policies are available to parents at all times. Some key policies have been summarised below.
- Be positive, consistent and fair
- Encourage, support and praise positive behaviour
-Consistently maintain accepted standards of behaviour, politeness, good manners and respect for others
- Be a positive role model for the children with regard to friendliness, care and courtesy
Our prime responsibility is the well-being of all children in our care. Unfortunately, we have to be aware that child abuse exists in our society and as such we have a duty to children/parents/carers and staff to act quickly and responsibly in any instance that may come to our attention. To ensure the safety of the children in our care;
- Staff attend safeguarding children courses
- Staff are made aware of revised safeguarding issues
- Dizzy's Day Nursery ensures that confidentiality is maintained at all times
- All staff working within the provision are police checked through the Criminal Records Bureau
- Adults are not left alone with individual children or small groups for long periods of time
- Adults who have not been fully checked will not be able to change nappies or help with toileting without direct supervision
- Where abuse at home is suspected, Dizzy's Day Nursery will continue to welcome the child and family while investigations continue
Parents are welcome to visit the nursery in Haverhill at any time either to spend time with their child, breastfeed or be here for a child's nursery birthday party.
Security in the nursery is of paramount importance and we have policies in place to ensure the children's safety at all times. Visitors are by appointment only and we ask all parents and carers to ensure that when entering and leaving the nursery that they do not let other adults in unless there is a member of staff present to identify them. There is a security catch on the front door to make sure that children cannot open the door from the inside. Please make sure that you follow instructions for opening the door and that children are not taught to open the door themselves.
Dizzy's Day Nursery Haverhill, promotes behaviour that encourages respect for each individual, co-operation with each other and opportunities for play within a safe and caring environment.
Dropping off and collecting children- When dropping off and collecting your child at the nursery we ask you to sign your child in and out. Your child will remain your responsibility until you have signed in and after you have signed out.
Children may only be collected by their named carer. If the named carer will not be collecting a child as normal, nursery must be notified in advance and be provided with a passport photograph and/or a password of whoever is collecting on behalf of the named carer so that staff can carry out necessary identity checks before releasing the child.
Dizzy's Day Nursery has a full complaints policy. If you have a complaint or feel that there is an issue we should address please speak to your child’s room leader or the nursery manager.
It is important to us that you feel comfortable letting us know about anything which you are unhappy with.
However, if you feel unable to speak to us please contact Ofsted Early Years our regulatory body at Ofsted Early Years on: 03001231231.